Monday 14 October 2013

What To Do When You Receive Scam Email - POLICE


Hello pals I just got this from the internet and strongly feel that I should share it with you just for knowledge sake. It is a regrettable fact that most people have fallen victim of internet scam. In order to avert it's re-occurrence,the Nigeria Police Force has just issued a warning not to fall for letters from fraudsters. "Always ignore mails like this one, the sender is just out to swindle!" they notify. As an example, they cite this email:
"Good Morning,
"How is the family? I'm sorry to bother you but
please see this mail as an emergency. I don't like asking for this kind of favor but i just have no choice. I traveled to Canada on a course and wont be back till next week and unfortunately my niece who is serving as a corper had a nearly fatal accident this last night on her way home and she needs to undergo surgery which needs N257,000 naira to start the treatment on her and I just discovered I forgot my token device for on-line transfer in Nigeria so i cannot pay the doctor from here,
"Please can you lend me some quick funds that I can give back as soon as i get in. Sorry for the inconvenience but i heard she is in a very bad condition and needs urgent attention as fast as possible. I can forward you details on how to pay the funds directly to the doctor since am not around so that her treatment would commence before i return.
"I await your response.
"God bless you."
What should you do if you've received a scam email?
  • Notify the email account owner of the activities from his/her account
  • Once your friends draws your attention to such please change your password.
  • Do not click on any links in the scam email.
  • Do not reply to the email or contact the senders in any way.
  • If you have clicked on a link in the email, do not supply any information on the website that may open.
  • Do not open any attachments that arrive with the email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

share