Tuesday 8 July 2014

Undergraduate Narrates How He Killed His Father, Begs Family For Forgiveness

                            Tolani Ajayai 
                                                             The suspect, Tolani 
A 21-year-old student, Tolani Ajayi of the Redeemers University has been arrested by the Ogun state police for allegedly killing his 60-year-old father, Mr. Charles Ajayi, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria. The 300-level  undergraduate in the Department of History and International Relations was said to have slaughtered his father with
a knife and later butchered him with a cutlass on Tuesday, July 3 at their residence on Canaanland Street within the Redeemed Christian Church of God’s Redemption Camp along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, according to police.
It was learnt that Tolani after committing the crime, in a bid to cover his tracks allegedly packed his father’s remains in a box and dragged it into the bush within the camp, according to Punch. However, a recent report by The Nation sheds light on new details of this story narrated to police by the suspect himself.
 According to the young student, he did not plan the crime – "it was anger that led me into this". Tolani explained that in the argument between him and the deceased the youngster got angry over his father constantly beating him with a stick and biting him with teeth.
 "My father went to the kitchen and fetched a wooden spoon. He used it to beat me repeatedly and I tried to defend myself, then he bit me on my shoulder and I got angry. I used normal small kitchen knife, later, I used cutlass to attack him. I regret the action… I have sent some people to talk to my mother that I am sorry. I have talked to my sister, my mother is still grieving, I want to give her time. It may be spiritual, I have asked for forgiveness." Tolani also said he realizes he is to face the judgement for the committed crime. 
 
Expressing his regret and sorrow over the act, the young man insisted that the evil attack "is not about church" adding that he never missed the church visits and activities throughout the semester. 
"It is not about the church, but only God knows why."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

share