Friday 7 June 2013

Why Buhari Cried In Public


Former military head of state, General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) has said that he had to weep in public because of the hardships Nigerians suffer despite the enormous wealth the country is blessed with.
Buhari, who spoke in a radio interview in Kano yesterday, blamed the bad leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the country’s numerous woes.
“I joined politics on two grounds: first was, after I was out of the prison, people asked me to join politics, perhaps they saw the potential in me; the second was, the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991 and the changes it brought about compelled me to join politics and based on multi-party system if justice will be done to all,” Buhari said.
He described as embarrassing the outcome of the recent election in the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) which is enmeshed in leadership tussle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

share