Saturday 7 February 2015

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Banky W Reveals His Struggle And Music Career

                               

Olubankole Wellington AKA Banky W was born in the United States to Nigerian parents. After completing his secondary school Education at Home Science Association Secondary School, he moved to New York to attend college on a scholarship; earning a degree in Engineering at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. While still in college, he won the ‘Albany Idol’ competition, which catapulted him into the spotlight. He overcame many personal trials and obstacles to quickly become an in-demand artist on the local music scene; performing alongside major acts on tour. He wowed audiences with his silky smooth voice while building a loyal following; he established the Empire Mates Entertainment (E.M.E.) record label as a platform to get his music to his fans. In an interview with the Beat99.9 FM on the Catalyst show with Lanre Olushola, he talked about how he started with his career, challenges and how he was able to tackle it altogether. 

 Read the interview below


 When asked when he decided to break into music
 I felt I had fulfilled all righteousness having my degree and had a good job with an engineering firm but I needed to be happy and follow my dreams which is music

How his parents handled the decision from him
 I begged them that I have done what they want from me being an Engineer and having a degree but it was time to do what I have been craving to do for a long time so I asked my parents to give me a year and half to venture into the music career and if it doesn’t work out, as planned il know I gave it my 100percent and did what I had always wanted to do and if in the long run it doesn’t favour me, then having my degree, I will fall back to it so either ways it’s not a loss

How his educational background has boosted him
 My engineering profession has really helped me in expanding my Management (EME) because my management are into a lot of things such as event management, Video directing amongst so many things and also am also a chef hoping to open my own restaurant soon. 

 My advice to you my fan is that you should follow your dreams no matter what and have a positive mind towards it. If it works out fine if it doesn’t then know you have put in your best

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

share